Can I just say that I LOVE NAPA!!! We would of course love visiting Grandpa & Grandma anywhere, but these trips the past 8 years they've lived there have been such a treat! We were totally blessed with amazing weather the whole time...Sam came for a week and a half, and then Caleb and I stayed another week and half after he left. Beth and Taylor got to come the last week we were there! It was so wonderful to be together...just wish we weren't all so far apart.
| We love going for walks here...fun trail, vineyards, views of the valley, and right around the corner from my parents! |
| Caleb & Grandpa after a walk at the park. |
| Reading his favorite book with Grandma |
| For about a month, Caleb would pat-a-cake/clap his hands all the time... He'd pause in the midst of anything to clap--I miss it already as he only does it occasionally now! |
| Caleb loves when Sam juggles...well, really when he does anything. No one makes Caleb laugh like his daddy! |
Trip to Big Sur!
My mom gave us the most wonderful gift of watching Caleb for two nights so we could get away...it was our first time to leave him overnight, and we decided to drive south on Highway 1 to see Big Sur. We spent two nights in Monterey and enjoyed 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, and the gorgeous coastal drive.
| Jade Cove--wish I had a picture of getting to this remote little spot, famous for finding jade. We had to rappel down with a rope that happened to be hanging there--I was terrified :O). |
Caleb, Grandma, and Grandpa had a blast too...
| He started feeding himself finger foods while we were gone! |
Enjoying the warmth and sun!
Caleb and I had a few days on our own while everyone else was back to work. It was so fun to visit parks, playgrounds, grandma's work for activities and happy hour, Ruthie at Traditions (best muffins ever!), and even just to sit in the front yard in the grass and watch people walking their dogs (Caleb LOVES animals...I'm definitely outnumbered on this one!).
| Wine tasting with my friend Stacey who recently moved from Boston to Berkeley. |
Beth and Taylor arrive!
The last week of our trip, Beth and Taylor came down from Washington. Taylor had changed so much since we saw her in September, and she and Caleb were super cute together. We love and miss you so much...
| Caleb kept taking off Tay's socks and trying to chew on her toes...strange, I know! |
| Auntie Beth & Caleb |
| Hard to get a good pic of two 10 month olds at the same time! |




No comments:
Post a Comment