Wednesday, July 23, 2014

St. Augustine with the Montgomery's

Here are some pictures from our time in Florida with GG and Sam's brothers and families...It was great to be a short walk to the beach, and spend time swimming and grilling at the pool.  We found taking a 10 month old and 2 year old on a beach vacation EXHAUSTING, but loved being there, spending time with family, and exploring St Augustine.  A highlight was going to a children's arts festival...it was so well done, and we all had a blast.  I really like St Augustine and look forward to many more visits when GG retires there!

Boardwalk to the beach (thank goodness for the wagon!)


Ella spent most the time eating sand!
Caleb with his cousin Amelia
GG's beautiful beach!!


Ella LOVES water!



We celebrated Mikah, Amelia, and GG's birthdays during the trip!




Sam took Caleb to the Alligator Farm...this face (I couldn't resist including!) isn't because he's scared of the gators.  He's not a fan of the camera these days but loved the zoo.

I'm really glad I wasn't there... :O)

It is so fun to watch Caleb and Ella playing together.
They laugh a lot and seem to really enjoy each other...I love it!
GG took us on a trolley tour to see the town.  We thought Caleb would love being on a red trolley like Daniel Tiger and wished his best buddy Ev was there with him!!


All the Montgomery's!


 Our family stayed a few extra days after everyone went home.  It was fun to explore the town especially since Sam and I often talk about moving here someday (it is the hub of aerobatic flying which Sam would love to do again...).


Caleb would have stayed at the carousel all day...
He was fascinated with how the horses move and trying to figure it out.
A fun park near a great coffee shop!



3 comments:

  1. LOVE that first pic of Sam and Ella. And that pic of the 4 of you (plus Sippy Cup). So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful babies! Florida future?! Would be nice after Boston, eh? Loved seeing all these. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific pictures! What a fun trip (and a whole lot of work)! ;)

    ReplyDelete